Coming soon - not scheduled this term
This 9-week course will extend your existing, intermediate knowledge and appreciation of darkroom manipulation. It takes 3 hours/class, with much of this in the darkroom.
This course will extend your existing, intermediate knowledge and appreciation of darkroom manipulation. Conversant camera knowledge would also be very helpful for the student. Participants will extend their existing knowledge about Black and White film development with lectures and demonstrations. You will be guided through this practical subject with excellent notes and information while learning about post-camera visualisation and treatment in the darkroom.
- “Big” enlargements
- “Witches Brews”
- Two-bath development o Fibre-based papers
- 4x5 processing
- Reduction and intensification o Chemical contrast controls
- Print manipulation
- Advanced print processing
- Contemporary practice
Please view the calendar for key dates at the CCP, including the Term Census Date.
Early Enrolment Discount
A $40 discount applies if full payment is made before the Term Census Date. This discount will already be applied to the online price, and flagged as on "sale".
- Introduction to Photography or equivalent
- Introduction to the Darkroom or equivalent
9 weeks, 3 hours per class. Students should expect to do at least an extra 6 hours a week of work, much of this in the darkroom.
- 35mm film camera with manual controls
- All chemistry and consumables are supplied, but students will supply their own film and paper.